Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A High School Crush

A History from Doris Alene Argyle Maughan
 
During my Senior year, I dated my "high school crush", William Brent Maughan.  He was in the Navy at this time and we began to write to each other.  I remember walking to the post office each morning to check the mail to see if I got a letter that day.  We were married 4 January 1961 in Bancroft, Idaho.  We were married in the LDS Meeting House in Bancroft, Idaho by Bishop Glen Yost.  I remember how happy my mother was when our marriage was later solemnized in the Idaho Falls Temple, 6 June 1964.  Our first two children together with the rest of the family were there that day.  My father and mother were very happy.  Now all of their children had been married in the temple.
 
(1961 Brent and Alene Maughan)
 
(1961 Brent and Alene Maughan)
 
 
 
(1961 Brent and Alene Maughan's Wedding Reception)

No comments:

Post a Comment