Friday, August 9, 2013

A History Written By Denece

Written by: Denece Ann Argyle Perkins
 
During my second year of school, we had an addition to our family, it was a little girl who we named Doris Alene Argyle.  She was born May 4, 1942.
 
 
(1942 Denece Ann Argyle)
 
When my little sister was about a year old, she took sick and really scared us because the doctor said that she wouldn't live.  She pulled through after a tough time.  After she got better we moved to town and there I spent my third year at school.  We lived in town about four years.
My fourth year in school was a very busy year for me.  I got sick and had to have my appendix out.  I was in the hospital for a week.  While I was there my class wrote me a letter.  RaNae Yost wrote me another one.  I also got some get well cards. Here are the letters and cards I got while in the hospital.
 
 
 
 
 
When I was eight, Doyle twelve, and Alene one, we had our picture taken.  Before we had it taken Alene cried and cried.  Finally the photographer told her he would give her a nickel if she would stop crying and let him take her picture.  She finally was quiet and here is the picture he took.
 
 
(1943 Doyle Argyle, Alene Argyle, Denece Argyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment