Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Long Night and Day

From Dora Baty Argyle
 
When Alene came to our family she was healthy but one day she took sick with a cold.  It was winter time and the roads were blocked with snow.  I sat up all night with the heater and rocked her all night.  About daybreak my prayers were answered because I heard the snowplow.  We hurried to the doctor and he told us she would never live.  They put her in an oxygen tent and gave her a Sulpha drug which was just new.  A nurse used to come in her room.  She would take a spoon and work her jaws.  One time they were so set they bent the spoon double.  This lasted for sixteen long hours in which I was constantly praying for her life.  The Lord answered my prayers again and she got well.  She had measles and pneumonia.
(1945 Denece and Alene Argyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment