Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Three Children

From Dora Baty Argyle
 
Ten months after our marriage our first child was born.  It was a boy, our pride and joy.  We called him Doyle J.  He used to spend lots of time in his grandparents home as he was the first grandchild on my side.  His Grandmother Baty taught him how to drive a car.
 
(1935 Doyle Argyle)
Four years later a little girl came to our house.  She also was a joy to us because we dreamed about a girl like her.  She weighed seven pounds and had lots of dark hair and eyes.  People told me she was a living doll and I named her Denece Ann.  I would fuss over her.   Her hair was always curled and she had two clean dresses on a day.  When she was ten months old she had "gathered ears" and she started to suck her thumb.  She and Doyle got along well.
(1937 Doyle and Denece Argyle)
 
Seven years later our home was blessed by the arrival of Doris Alene, a sweet baby of five pounds.  All my children were born at home and my mother took care of me.  A couple of months before Alene came, my father was taken in death from a heart attack on 17 March 1942.  This was our first experience with death in our family and it was hard to take but we realized the work of the Lord.  Dell and I rented the ranch from my mother.  She moved to Farmington, Utah.  Later we bought the ranch from mother.
(1943 Doyle, Doris Alene, and Denece Argyle)
 
Denece remembers her mother telling her that she had "gathered ears," but she never did know what that meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment