Monday, September 9, 2013

Call Me Joe

From Dora Baty Argyle, August 20, 1950
 I was very different from my sister, as I grew up to love horses and outdoor life.  I used to coax my father  to call me Joe.  I plowed, harrowed and mowed hay for him and always was his derrick boy in the hay season.  I enjoyed milking the cows and working in the fields.  My sister used to play house with her dolls.  I would say, " I would if I were used to it."  That kind of play never appealed to me.
We used to go to the church at the Hatch Ward.  When I grew older they used to let me drive the horses with my mother, Ora, and Edna, who is our older sister.  One cold day in the winter we started for Sunday School and our team got down in the snow.  I had to unhook one of the teams and go back home to get my dad.  My mother, Edna and Ora were very cold when father and I got back to them.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment